Tuesday, December 15, 2009

For The Love Of Duck

I don't know why, but we always end up with strange animals in our yard. On this particular day, we discovered a duck in our backyard as we were getting ready to leave for the day. It was just chillin'. We couldn't let the dogs out because they would probably try to kill the poor duck. Every time we approached the duck, it would start hissing and puffing up its chest. Jack had to go so I offered to call animal control. Anyone who really knows me, knows that I love all animals- seriously. I felt bad for this duck. I waited and waited for the animal control officer to show. Finally, the truck pulls up. In the meantime, I started feeding the duck some bread. It was definitely hungry. I met the animal control officer in our driveway so I could take him through the gate to the backyard. By this time, our dogs have spotted the strange person walking with me so they start barking- The animal control officer looks at me, then in at the dogs and asks "Oh, so you have two dogs?". I thought he was just trying to make conversation so I proceeded to tell him about Harvey & Hannah. He cut me off and tells me that he researched our address in his system and no animals were registered to live there. Long story short- the damn duck was saved... and I was left with a case number and 3 days to get my dogs registered with Salt Lake County. The stupid duck wasn't even hurt- it was released at Sugarhouse Park just after leaving my house. Grrr....

No comments: